asuCatholic is looking for undergraduate students with an eagerness to share the Gospel from the heart. As we emerge from a pandemic surrounded by fear and distress, our desire here at Newman is to be prepared to share the light of Christ with all who walk through our doors.
Here at asuCatholic, our goal is to build an authentic community of faith that offers the fullness of life in Christ at Arizona State University. We believe our student leaders are critical to this mission. Through their efforts, they will have real ownership and responsibility for the life and events of our Catholic community.
Qualities of a Student Leader
- Christian Character: Our student leaders are called to be a true witness of the Catholic faith that others look to emulate, following and living the moral, social, and spiritual teachings of the Church.
- Prayerful: They need to recognize the importance and centrality of prayer for all that we do, as well as strive to develop a daily prayer life and participate in the liturgical life of the Church.
- Commitment to asuCatholic: They must show a level of investment and contribution to our community during their time thus far at ASU (or other surrounding campuses).
- Collaboration: Lastly, our student leaders must exhibit a willingness to serve alongside the Newman staff, as well as an openness to receive their supervision and pastoral guidance.
Student Leader Commitments (every team)
- Attend to the Summer Student Leader Training (August)
- Be available for beginning Semester Outreach (CRUSH Week)
- Move-in week, passport event, asuCatholic events, etc.
- Monthly Student Leader Meeting, with representatives from each team, for training, organization, and developing a common vision.
- Men/Women's Retreat (Fall 2021)
- Formation Student Leader Retreat (January)
- Spring Retreat 2022
- Have free time to invest in working with your team for at least 2 hours every week (in meetings, planning, or outreach).
*Dates and events are subject to change due to COVID-19.