Are You Ready to be an asuCatholic Student Leader?
asuCatholic is looking for students with a missionary heart who would like to share their efforts and time to transform with the light of Christ the ASU Campus.
Here at asuCatholic, our goal is to build an authentic community of faith that offers the fullness of life in Christ at Arizona State University. We believe our student leaders are critical to this mission. Through their efforts, they will have real ownership and responsibility for the life and events of our Catholic community.
Student Leader Application Now CLOSED
Qualities of a Student Leader
- Christian Character: Our student leaders are called to be a true witness of the Catholic faith that others look to emulate, following and living the moral, social, and spiritual teachings of the Church.
- Prayerful: They need to recognize the importance and centrality of prayer for all that we do, as well as strive to develop a daily prayer life and participate in the liturgical life of the Church.
- Commitment to asuCatholic: They must show a level of investment and contribution to our community during their time thus far at ASU (or other surrounding campuses).
- Collaboration: Lastly, our student leaders must exhibit a willingness to serve alongside the Newman staff, as well as an openness to receive their supervision and pastoral guidance.
Student Leader Commitments (every team)
- Attend to the Summer Student Leader Training (August)
- Be available for beginning Semester Outreach (CRUSH Week)
- Move-in week, passport event, asuCatholic events, etc.
- Monthly Student Leader Meeting, with representatives from each team, for training, organization, and developing a common vision.
- Men/Women's Retreat (Fall 2020)
- Formation Student Leader Retreat (January)
- Spring Retreat 2021
- Have free time to invest in working with your team for at least 2 hours every week (in meetings, planning, or outreach).
*Dates and events are subject to change due to COVID-19.
- Applications will close on Sunday, May 10.
- Emails will be sent out with the final decision on May 19.